Senior Counsel, Privacy
Join our legal team at Zoom, where agility, resilience, and a keen understanding of our business strategy are essential. As a Senior Privacy Counsel, you'll be a dynamic, pragmatic attorney with a deep passion for privacy and technology. You'll play a pivotal role advising on privacy and data governance matters related to big data analytics, telemetry and new product features. Additionally, you'll monitor privacy regulations and assist with regulator inquiries and investigations. This role will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Privacy.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their privacy practice in an in-house setting.
• Partner with cross-functional stakeholders in product and engineering to review new products, features, and other new uses of personal data to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and industry practices
• Maintain data governance policies, standards and procedures in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
• Manage data protection language in standard contractual agreements and support commercial attorneys in negotiating data protection terms
• Develop and maintain privacy and data governance documentation, including data retention policies and data transfer impact assessments
• Conduct general and role-specific privacy trainings, including for team members responding to and actioning privacy rights requests
• Stay informed about, and advise on, regulatory and industry developments, including monitoring trends in privacy and security laws, regulations, and public policy
• Maintain privacy policies and privacy notices
• Undergraduate degree and JD
• At least 8 yrs combined technology legal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
• At least 6 years experience working on privacy and data protection matters, including strong knowledge of global privacy laws, including the CCPA and the GDPR
• Experience with telecommunication or cloud provider privacy compliance is a plus
• Comfortable with technology and technical terminology; experience working directly with engineers and product managers
• A team player and who is willing to take on additional responsibilities
• Work remotely with colleagues across the U.S. and globally
• Privacy certification (e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM) a plus
• Experience in a data governance or other technical role a plus
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration; base salary, bonus and equity value.
Information about Zoom’s benefits is on our careers page here.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.#LI-Remote