Lead Product Designer, Growth
Product, Design, Sales & Business Development
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
About the role
Wealthfront is looking for a staff product designer to lead design for our Growth team. In this role, you will focus on identifying and defining the most impactful opportunities for the Growth team and then handling design from exploration to iteration, shipping, and synthesizing insights to inform the next round of opportunities. You’ll collaborate with the other area leads and executives to define area strategy and focus. You’ll lead projects ranging from quick data-driven interaction and content experiments on Wealthfront’s core products to strategic initiatives tackling deep human problems like helping people discuss finances more comfortably or understand what risk actually means so they can confidently invest. Most importantly, you’ll drive significant positive impact for Wealthfront’s users and business.
Our Growth team is focused on learning what will drive real impact, not just incremental optimizations. To do this, we leverage qualitative research insights, product data, and business objectives to form hypotheses, and then figure out how to construct experiments that let us efficiently test and scale them. Success on the team requires a healthy mix of excellent design craft, a strong sense for the impact your work has on people’s lives, and an appreciation for scrappy experimentation.
Design at Wealthfront
High quality, consumer-grade design is a key differentiator for Wealthfront’s business. Good design is what enables us to deliver powerful financial services that our clients find trustworthy, easy to use, and delightful. Designers at Wealthfront are innovative, creative and strategic. We collaborate with PMs, engineers, user researchers, and data scientists to define problems, find new opportunities, and identify solutions to problems that haven’t been solved before. Our work is deeply rooted in human psychology and behavior. It is grounded in a sound understanding of our technology and business. We have big ambitions and leverage a learning-based, iterative mindset to achieve success. Design is an equal partner to engineering and product—from strategy to execution.
We’re a remote friendly team and open to candidates based anywhere in the US.
- Shape team vision, strategy, and priorities for the Growth team in partnership with product, engineering and data science team members to deliver on Wealthfront’s overall strategy
- Lead projects and broader initiatives: deliver high quality execution on high impact opportunities for the team and the company
- Set a high bar for design craft and ensure consistent, high quality execution
- Design across the entire product development lifecycle—from initial exploration and definition through to shipping and post-launch iteration
- Collaborate with broader design team to share feedback, learnings, and elevate Wealthfront’s overall product quality
- Identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses, and make key user experience decisions in collaboration with data science and UX research teams
- 6+ years of experience in a product design role in consumer tech
- Experience successfully shaping focus and strategy for initiatives that span multiple projects and guide team focus on impactful user and business opportunities
- Experience successfully working across the product entire development lifecycle from project definition to shipping (and learning from) high quality product experiences
- Strong ability to turn complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for web and mobile
- Strong visual and interaction design craft
- Strong ability to use both quantitative data and qualitative insights to inform design and broader strategic decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience both working with and contributing to a design system
- Visual communications or animation experience a plus
Mindset that excels at Wealthfront
- Someone who embraces complexity, loves engaging in intellectually rigorous discussions, critically evaluates trade-offs both from a customer and business perspective.
- Someone who turns ambiguity into clarity and navigates the organization to drive alignment.
- Someone who puts the team first and has the resilience to work tough situations.
- Someone who goes above and beyond to make others around them successful.
- Someone who deeply cares about learning and growing with the company.
Estimated annual salary range: $180,000 - $225,000 USD plus equity and discretionary bonus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built one of the first automated investment products that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee. We then expanded. We now work with partner banks to offer exceptional banking features through a Wealthfront Brokerage Cash Account, which makes it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $50 billion of our client’s hard earned money, pioneering the robo-advisor category and transforming the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially in a way that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please review our candidate privacy notice.