Senior Web Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
We’re looking for Senior Web Engineers to join our team. As part of a cross-functional scrum team you will design and develop new products and features to help clients grow their wealth.
* Note: This role requires hybrid in-office and remote work based in Palo Alto, CA.
As a core member of the Web team, you will:
- Collaborate with backend and mobile engineers, designers, and product managers to build new features and enhance existing features
- Join other web engineers to triage and resolve operational issues, ensuring that mission-critical web systems and services operate smoothly across the web platform
- Help with web platform infrastructure projects to improve the health and performance of our systems and increase product delivery velocity
- Participate in recruiting activities such as interviewing
- Provide mentorship to other engineers on the team
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 5-8 years in a web engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side frameworks (such as Express or Django) is a plus
- Experience working with design to build custom pages and components, with a focus on page speed performance and writing custom CSS to create pages that are responsive across a variety of screen sizes
- Real passion for working on projects that have a measurable business impact and like working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Willing to dig into any part of code across different product lines
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and our bi-annual reviews
- Provide autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
Estimated annual salary range: $167,000k - $210,000k USD plus equity and a discretionary bonus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $50 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice