Brokerage Operations Specialist
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Brokerage Operations Specialist to be responsible for daily brokerage operations functions including Cashiering and Money Movement. Brokerage Operations is a division of Wealthfront Brokerage and works closely with Client Services and all other divisions of Wealthfront Inc., including the engineering and product teams, to provide the best client experience possible.
Brokerage Operations at Wealthfront is right for you if you want to be a part of our mission to eliminate non-value added back office processes and scale the business through automation. On a day to day basis, your knowledge will not be limited to one area of Brokerage Operations. You will have the opportunity and flexibility to learn and work in all areas. You will not be separated from other departments, as a matter of fact, you will be encouraged to collaborate with others. Brokerage Operations values input from all employees on how to improve our processes and back office systems through automation and allows employees to work cross-functionally to implement solutions.
- Review and process account transfer requests (ACAT and Non-ACAT) within service level
- Complete daily brokerage operations exception reports including unreconciled activity, margin, corporate actions, etc.
- Conduct quality control reviews and regulatory document delivery reconciliation
- Process trading related tasks including placing orders, settlements, trade corrections
- Perform cashiering duties including verification of incoming wires, checks, ACHs and process withdrawal requests
- Review and approve new client accounts for management according to policy and procedures
- Provide ongoing account maintenance and review of new and existing account activity for risk mitigation related to AML
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams at the company, specifically creating strong relationships with engineers
- Certain in office tasks as the business requires
- Minimum of 2 years brokerage industry experience preferably in a back office role
- Securities regulatory knowledge and strong understanding of account transfers, corporate actions/dividends, and trading
- Understanding of AML and risk mitigation rules
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer-centric business philosophy and collaborative mindset
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Appreciation and understanding of applying technology and software to business processes
- Desire to improve processes to increase team efficiency and productivity
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary web-based account services applications
- Appreciation for compliance and adherence to government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field or requisite related work experience
- FINRA Series 7 required (or ability to obtain in 90 days)
Estimated annual salary range: $75,000 - $90,000 USD plus equity and a discretionary bonus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $50 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice.