Senior Security Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
We’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join our team. As part of Wealthfront security, you will play a key role in ensuring our clients’ trust and safety while using our services.
* Note: This role has the option to be U.S.-based remote or based in Palo Alto, CA.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Develop and automate security tools to enable easy integration of security into core workflows
- Partner with DevOps, IT, Infra, and Software engineers to build security best practices into their tools and processes, so it’s easier to build features and infrastructure that meet those standards
- Define and evangelize security policies across Wealthfront, and be comfortable presenting information and educating their colleagues on security practices and changes in a positive, engaging way
- Stay abreast of the latest security threats and mitigations and advocate for solutions that enable us to stay ahead of the curve
- Assess and troubleshoot security threats as they arise, and develop tools to prevent recurrence
- Manage security incident response and write security response playbooks
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years in a role focused on security engineering and automation.
- 6+ years in a Software, Site Reliability, or Security Engineering role working on online systems.
- Coding ability in Go, Python, Java, or similar.
- Experience building/using tools that implement security/audit automation.
- Comfortable coordinating the response to security events, such as responding to CVEs and reported findings
- Comfortable detailing risks and risk mitigation strategy to leadership outside of security and defending their perspective. Can explain that some risks can be assumed, and can calibrate recommendations and priorities accordingly
- Experience enforcing internal enterprise, infrastructure, and application security policies
- Solid understanding of AWS IAM, CloudTrail auditing tools, Control Tower, and cross/multi-account policy enforcement and anomaly detection tools
Estimated annual salary range: $165,000 - $195,000 USD plus Equity.
Plus benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $43 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice