Director of Product Management, Investing
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Wealthfront is looking for a Director of Product Management to chart the strategy and roadmap for our growing lineup of Investing products! Wealthfront pioneered automated index investing by offering broad access to sophisticated investing strategies at a fraction of the cost of traditional financial advisers. Since then, we’ve continued to expand the ways we help our clients build long-term wealth through saving and investing.
In this role, you’ll lead product initiatives in our Investing Area, which includes our Automated Index Investing Account, our Stock Investing Account, and our Automated Bond Portfolio. You will collaborate with Engineering, Design, Marketing, Data Science, Research, Operations, and Compliance to craft high quality consumer experiences and strong go to market plans that result in successful products. You’ll use quantitative and qualitative research to drive high quality product decision-making. And, you’ll be expected to balance improvements to our existing products with the development of new products.
Success in this role will require strong strategic thinking skills, exceptional judgment, analytical rigor, and executional excellence. We’re looking for a senior product leader who is excited about having impact through the scope and quality of decisions they make, not a manager who expects to have impact through the number of people they manage. A passion for investing or experience building consumer financial technology products is highly desirable.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the center of charting the next generation of technology innovation in investing products. If this gets you excited, we want to hear from you!
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in a consumer software company; experience in building financial technology products is a plus.
- Willing to get into the details to drive high-quality decision-making. You’re first and foremost an exceptional product thinker.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to quickly command trust and drive alignment with executives and partners.
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities with an action-oriented mindset.
- Strong product sense. You’re passionate about building delightful product experiences.
- Analytical mindset with a data-driven approach to problem solving and decision-making.
- Entrepreneurial and creative attitude. “Yes and” is one of your favorite phrases.
- Experience working with complex or highly regulated products.
- Champion and curate the product vision, continually refine it based on customer insights, and rally the team around it.
- Define the product priorities and short, medium, and long-term roadmap. Use data and good judgment to drive alignment around tradeoff decisions.
- Partner with more junior PMs to deliver the roadmap through agile sprint cycles, working with them to drive high-quality, customer and data-backed product decisions.
- Define success metrics and consistently measure the impact of the team’s work.
- Work cross-functionally to take new products and features to market in a way that maximizes their success.
Estimated annual salary range: $225,000 - $255,000 USD plus Equity.
Plus benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $43 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice