Head of Compliance Operations
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wealthfront is seeking a talented, passionate, and experienced compliance professional to join our Compliance Team. This individual will work closely with other members of the Legal and Compliance division and collaborate with all other departments including the communications, marketing, product, design, and engineering teams.
- Heads the Compliance Operations team, covering critical regulatory compliance functions across Wealthfront’s regulated entities
- Broker-dealer and investment advisor compliance – Responsible for Advisor and BD Compliance, including licensing and registration functions, customer complaint handling, employee trade review, communications oversight, and outside business activity, gifts and entertainment, and political contribution disclosures
- Policies and procedures – Responsible for regularly reviewing, enhancing, and executing on all communications compliance-related policies and procedures, as well as assisting with broader Compliance testing and monitoring
- Employee training – Responsible for required regulatory training programs, including Annual Compliance Meeting and Firm Element training
- Marketing compliance – Provides guidance and advice to content creators to facilitate compliance with regulatory and Wealthfront standards for advertising and retail communications. Oversees the review of all Wealthfront communications including all owned and paid media, web and mobile apps, social media, promotional and transactional emails, product workflows, blogs, FAQs, podcasts, presentations, and videos
- Collaborates with business, Legal, and Compliance teams, providing specific guidance during all phases of the product development and marketing processes
- Supports the Company’s policy governance program, which includes developing, publishing, and maintaining applicable policies and procedures for the Company and its regulated entities
- Supports the Company’s governance, risk, and compliance (“GRC”) program for monitoring, testing, and assessing regulatory risk
- Enhance and maintain the organizational and record-keeping processes that enable timely and accurate responses to regulatory inquiries and examinations as they arise
- Customer-focused, business-centric, and team-oriented mindset; relentlessly passionate about finding and completing valuable work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and influence positive outcomes at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of FINRA, MSRB, and SEC rules applicable to communications with the public, including general content standards and record-keeping requirements.
- Intellectually curious and interested in applying technology to enhance business processes.
- Broad analytical skills, with experience identifying and quantifying problems while providing creative, effective solutions.
- Product experience including mutual funds, money market funds, ETFs, margin products and 529 plans.
- Experience with or general understanding of broader financial services including investment advisory, planning, banking, and insurance is a plus.
- BA/BS degree.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Direct experience as a leader overseeing compliance professionals at a broker-dealer or investment advisory firm.
- FINRA Series 7 and 24; willingness to obtain other registrations and/or licenses as necessary.
Estimated annual salary range: $170,000 - $245,000 USD plus Equity.
Plus benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice
See more open positions at Wealthfront
Something looks off?