Staff Devops Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
We’re looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, where you will build and maintain the infrastructure and services that run in our data centers and support our customer-facing products.
Wealthfront’s Infrastructure team is a team of “Generalists with Expertise” who adhere to the principles of “infrastructure-as-code” and bring strategic expertise for designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving our infrastructure.
We're a modern infrastructure engineering team, that believes strongly in automation and standardization. We operate in both physical data centers and cloud environments and leverage open-source software such as MariaDB, NGINX, Jenkins, Chef, Kibana, and Grafana to deliver automated infrastructure to our clients and every member of the Engineering team.
As a member of the Infrastructure team you will:
- Maintain our core infrastructure by automating software deployment, infrastructure configuration, and database cluster management and tuning
- Ensure that mission-critical services operate reliably by triaging and fixing operational issues as an on-call engineer, participating in post-mortems, and implementing improvements to prevent future issues.
- Design, implement, and deploy internal tools and services to accelerate the productivity of the wider Engineering team and enable direct ownership of operations.
- Help manage our server hardware in our physical data centers and occasionally travel to our Bay Area or New Jersey data centers for onsite projects.
- Be involved in key decisions regarding the evolution of our infrastructure
- Mentor junior members of the team
This role could be a fit if you have:
- At least 8+ years of experience running and troubleshooting production-critical applications and services
- Designed infrastructure for CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins), dependency management (e.g. Nexus), and complex orchestration workflows for Java-based production services
- Software development experience in Java or a similar language
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux systems
- Proficiency with at least one automation technology such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with online databases such as MariaDB/MySQL
- Excellent communications and project leadership skills and a desire to both learn from and educate your peers
- A BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to lead impactful projects which match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Estimated annual salary range: $180,000 - $210,000 USD plus Equity.
Plus benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice
See more open positions at Wealthfront
Something looks off?