Senior Robotics Engineer - Simulations
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
You will have an opportunity to independently impact our approach to solving the most interesting problems facing AV’s today, while operating live in the wild.
- Work independently with cross functional teams to develop software and system requirements
- Develop simulation tools to support safety and performance testing of Autonomous Vehicles
- Lead team code quality activities including design and code reviews
- Ensure that internal users/developers can design and add needed automatic test coverage cases efficiently and effectively. Work to train internal users on this process as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree and a minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Significant experience working in modern C++ (C++14/17/20)
- Strong working knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience designing, building, and expanding complex software systems with real-time and performance constraints
- Experience in some form of real-time simulation platform development and integration (game engine, autonomous vehicle simulation, etc…)
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide technical leadership for a development team
- Previous experience developing in Linux environments or ability to adapt to this environment
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 3+ years of industry experience
- Significant experience working in Python is a plus
- Significant experience with data science tools in python (e.g. numpy, scipy, scikit-learn) is a plus
- rust experience is a plus
- Experience with Applied Intuition simulation software suite a plus (Simian, Logstream, Spectral, etc…)
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.