About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the role:
Hello Heart is seeking a forward-thinking, charismatic, and dynamic Actuary to collaborate closely with customers, consultants, and payers, creating and presenting health economic and benefit analyses. A key team member of the organization, this role will serve as an expert in meetings/speaking events, create health economics and outcomes research, and support the company’s activities to drive further growth and success. This role involves staying informed about industry trends, utilizing statistical analysis software to analyze medical claims data, and effectively communicating findings to support decision-making processes. The Actuary will collaborate internally with Medical Affairs, Consultant Relations, Sales, Growth, and Customer Success teams. The role will be a highly visible one as the Company’s actuarial voice with external stakeholders and will help to develop new client opportunities. This role will report into the Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs.
- Serve as an expert in meetings and speaking events, including conferences, trade shows, and prospect/client meetings
- Lead the development of studies, analyses, and presentation materials for external decision-makers
- Identify new market opportunities where an actuarial voice will advance positioning
- Partner with other members of the medical affairs team on strategic planning
- Represent the company and its services to external audiences
- Provide health economic subject matter expertise relevant to the company’s teams and services
- Advocate across the company for appropriate positions, processes, and systems
- Manage own time and resources across projects, focusing on quality, time, scope, usefulness, and appropriateness of work
- Use effective communication to present information and provide decision support
- Represent actuarial perspectives in cross-disciplinary settings
- Track health industry and competitor trends for competitive rates
- Communicate complex statistical material clearly to external stakeholders, internal teams, and public relations
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of actuarial principles, concepts, practices, and processes
- 5 - 10 years of actuary experience in a healthcare organization/health insurer
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) certification
- Analytical, communication (oral & written), and problem-solving skills, including comfort presenting in an engaging, charismatic manner to large audiences
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.