Senior Director, Medical Affairs
About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the role:
We are looking for a forward-thinking, charismatic, and dynamic cardiologist to serve as Senior Director, Medical Affairs. A key team member of the organization, this role will serve as an expert in meetings/speaking events, review member-facing content for medical accuracy, advance clinical processes and programs, and support the company’s products to drive further growth and success. The role will be a highly visible one as the Company’s medical voice with external stakeholders and will help to develop new client opportunities. This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs.
- Serve as an expert in meetings and speaking events, including conferences, trade shows, and prospect/client meetings
- Review member-facing content for medical accuracy, including marketing materials and new product features
- Identify new market opportunities where a clinical voice will advance positioning
- Partner with other members of the medical affairs team on strategic planning
- Identify and implement opportunities for clinical review efficiencies
- Represent the company and its services to external audiences
- Provide medical and subject matter expertise relevant to the company’s services
- Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience: Medical degree (MD or DO), board certification as a cardiologist, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in medical affairs roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and comfort presenting in an engaging, charismatic manner to large audiences
- Demonstrated ability to apply medical/clinical expertise to the development of medical affairs functions that advance the company’s commercial and clinical development objectives
- Experience interpreting the impact of new research findings on current medical thinking with ability to leverage this data to build and foster disease management frameworks
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.