Clinical Research Scientist
About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the role:
Hello Heart is growing and looking for a Clinical Research Scientist to support our scientific publication efforts. In this role you will develop peer-reviewed publications from end-to-end, including background research, hypothesis generation, data preparation/statistical analysis, drafting manuscripts, incorporating co-author feedback, and responding to anonymous peer reviews.
This role will be within the Medical Affairs Team and will work cross-functionally with leadership, data science, product, and sales teams to prioritize publications on scientific topics that align with Hello Heart’s mission.
- Hands on with all aspects of 5-10 publications per year, including:
- Obtaining IRB approval or a waiver when appropriate
- Actively collaborating with leadership to prioritize research topics
- Identifying and constructing the appropriate data set, running statistical analyses
- Drafting manuscripts quickly
- Working with co-authors to incorporate feedback and finalize manuscripts
- Targeting the most appropriate journals based on impact factor and time to review for each project
- Rapidly responding to anonymous peer reviews, including re-analysis and revisions, to ensure timely re-submission
- Identify appropriate meetings to attend and submit abstracts to present work in progress
- Leverage and grow relationships with key opinion leaders at outside academic institutions and professional organizations to facilitate collaborations and co-authored papers on joint research projects
- Stay current with latest scientific research findings in the field
- Strong interest in and history of publishing scientific research articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Clinical/medical research background (Masters or PhD level with 5+ years of experience)
- Ability to identify and conduct appropriate statistical analyses or know when outside support is needed to run the best statistical models
- Experience accepting and incorporating feedback on writing and research studies
- History attending and presenting (poster/oral presentations) research at scientific conferences
- 30+ co-authored publications
- Track record publishing research on behavioral health, cardiovascular health/disease, digital health management, and/or chronic diseases/disorders
- Proven ability to collaborate with outside institutions based on multi-site or multi-disciplinary co-author teams on prior peer-reviewed publications or funded grant applications
- Eagerness to meet and partner with researchers who have different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience working with commercial or industry partners on publications/studies
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.