People & HR
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us – the here, the new, this once-in-a-lifetime moment that’s bringing us together. To fulfill Gametime’s mission of uniting the world through shared experiences, we make it easy for people to discover and access the live experiences that matter most.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket industry in order to move at the speed of life.
We are seeking an experienced HR Generalist to join our fully remote tech company as a key member of our HR team. In this role, you will play a critical part in ensuring HR compliance across multiple states and, if applicable, international jurisdictions. You'll collaborate closely with the HR Manager, leveraging your deep expertise in HR compliance to support our growth while maintaining the highest standards of legal and ethical HR practices.
What you'll do / own
- Serve as the company's primary HR compliance expert, staying current with multi-state employment laws, regulations, and international HR compliance standards.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager and legal counsel to develop, review, and enhance HR policies and guidelines, ensuring alignment with evolving legal requirements.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with wage and hour laws, labor regulations, and employment statutes in all states where the company operates.
- Guide on international HR compliance matters, including employment contracts, visas, and local labor laws, if applicable.
- Conduct internal HR audits and compliance assessments to identify and address areas of risk and non-compliance.
- Maintain meticulous HR documentation and records, including personnel files and compliance-related reports.
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate employees and managers about HR compliance, including anti-discrimination and harassment prevention.
- Prepare and submit required compliance reports to relevant government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Lead or assist in investigations related to employee complaints, misconduct, or policy violations.
- Communicate changes in HR policies and compliance requirements to employees and managers, ensuring clarity and understanding.
- Collaborate effectively with the HR Manager and cross-functional teams to integrate compliance considerations into HR initiatives and programs.
- Stay informed about emerging trends and developments in HR compliance, providing proactive recommendations for updates and improvements.
- Onboarding, offboarding, and internal transfer processing of staff
- Assist accounting with payroll reconciliations and staff updates
More about you:
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, business administration, or a related field.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible HR experience, with a strong focus on compliance.
- ADP expertise is required
- Deep expertise in HR compliance, including multi-state and international compliance if applicable.
- Excellent knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- HR certification (e.g., SHRM-SCP or SPHR) is preferred.
- Prior experience in a fully remote work environment is a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote team setting.
What we have to offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.