Staff Frontend Web Engineer
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us – the here, the new, this once-in-a-lifetime moment that’s bringing us together. To fulfill Gametime’s mission of uniting the world through shared experiences, we make it easy for people to discover and access the live experiences that matter most.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket industry in order to move at the speed of life.
The Staff Web Engineer will play a pivotal role in not just modernizing our web application but also in enhancing its discoverability and ranking. We are looking for someone who not only adheres to development best practices but also has a keen expertise in SEO strategies to drive organic traffic and improve user engagement.
What you'll do:
- Lead the charge in modernizing our web application to enhance user experience, performance, and maintainability.
- Foster a culture of code excellence, pushing for high standards in design patterns, code quality, and scalable architecture.
- Conduct thorough SEO audits and continuous competitor analysis to identify areas for improvement and innovation.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to align technical SEO strategies with content creation and marketing initiatives.
- Optimize website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Lead and execute all technical SEO activities, including keyword strategy, tag optimization, link building, and scalability across mobile and web platforms.
- Ensure that all website code and design are SEO-friendly and collaborate with web designers to improve the website layout for better user experience and search engine crawlability.
- Monitor the algorithms set by search engines to keep up to date with changes in the SEO landscape.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of experience of modernizing web client products, with a portfolio that showcases successful transformations.
- In-depth knowledge of current SEO tools and practices, with a proven ability to apply them effectively.
- Expertise in web analytics and SEO management tools.
- A strong understanding of the principles of SEO, including keyword research, content optimization, link building, and the ability to implement them from a technical perspective.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strategic and analytical approach to SEO challenges.
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- WFH monthly stipend
- $1000 home office setup grant
- $100/mo in Gametime credits
- Diverse family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.