Director - Machine Learning Engineering
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us – the here, the new, this once-in-a-lifetime moment that’s bringing us together. To fulfill Gametime’s mission of uniting the world through shared experiences, we make it easy for people to discover and access the live experiences that matter most.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket industry in order to move at the speed of life.
We are looking for an organized, data-driven, and curious team player to work cross-functionally across the data, product, marketing, finance, and operations teams. As a Director of Machine Learning Engineering (MLE), you will lead the MLE function to deliver foundational technology to the future success of the company. We have a multitude of dynamic opportunities that sit at the core of our product strategy that are ripe for machine learning to enable us to optimize and excel. A successful leader in this role will have experience developing a MLE organization and establishing a technology platform that will enable Gametime to succeed for years to come. This role will be expected to lead ML projects across all domains of the company, grow and retain talent, and be a champion for best practices. This role is for a player-coach. We are looking for someone who still desires to be hands on in the codebase and working alongside the team to execute.
Who you are:
- A technical leader with proven experience creating production end-to-end machine learning infrastructure at scale.
- You are comfortable discussing modern ML architectures, personalization algorithms, dynamic pricing strategies, and solutions to ranking problems.
- You are able to dive deep into code to provide an expert opinion on design design choices and implementation
- Proven experience managing multiple initiatives, with many stakeholders, and several timelines simultaneously.
- Able to adapt and succeed in a rapidly changing landscape while maintaining a long term vantage
- A capable communicator who can change their altitude of discussion to move from discussing business impact and priorities with senior leadership and deep technical conversations with the development team
- A life long learner who is passionate about staying at the forefront of industry trends and developments to ensure Gametime is performing at the highest capability level possible
What you will work on:
- Develop a Machine Learning organization and infrastructure that will support Gametime’s growth and success
- Establish a vision and goals for ML at Gametime that reflects the company’s desire to grow and succeed
- Hire, mentor, and grow the ML team members and ML skill set across the company
- Set high standards for engineering excellence and drive innovation
- Utilize industry best practices to consistently deliver high caliber, scalable solutions while managing competing priorities and cost
- Leverage your prior experience to develop new and innovative solutions that will reflect and incorporate rapidly changing industry trends
- Embody Gametime’s core values and enact them in you day-to-day leadership
Experience you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field (Masters or Ph.D. preferred)
- 6 + years of experience in developing production machine learning capabilities
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and engineering best practices, especially modern cloud computing stacks for deploying machine learning and microservices at scale especially on Snowflake
- Strong background in machine learning capabilities. For example, this could include product recommendation engines, ranking problems, or dynamic pricing systems, etc
- Experience influencing platform development for providing foundational machine learning components for data scientists to deliver into production
What we offer
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.