Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share - together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
We are seeking an experienced Director of SRE with at least 10 years of experience in the tech industry, who can manage our SRE and platform engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have significant AWS and relevant cloud experience, with a heavy focus on security.
What you'll do / own:
- Lead and manage the SRE and platform engineering teams.
- Ensure that our infrastructure is reliable, scalable, and secure.
- Develop and implement best practices for system availability, scalability, and disaster recovery.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and operations teams to ensure that our systems are designed for resilience and maintainability.
- Manage IT and internal security management, including access controls, network security, and data protection.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and company policies.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and runbooks.
- Drive continuous improvement through metrics, monitoring, and automation.
A little more about you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in the tech industry.
- Significant experience with AWS and relevant cloud technologies.
- Strong knowledge of security principles and best practices.
- Experience managing SRE and platform engineering teams.
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Golang, React, and React Native is a plus.
What we have to offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
- Diverse family forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
See more open positions at Gametime
Something looks off?