VP, Clinical Research & Outcomes
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform, serving people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot's comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives. With Carrot, you can pursue your possible.
The Vice President, Clinical Research & Outcomes leads strategy and execution for developing, evaluating and communicating Carrot’s outcomes, and plays a critical role in expanding on Carrot’s success as a thought leader in the fertility and family forming space in the US and globally. This role will lead a team focused on measuring, reporting and guiding development of program effectiveness and outcomes, developing, executing and deploying research, and generating insights to enhance program impact and effectiveness across Carrot’s journeys. This highly visible role will collaborate across the organization to support product, operations, marketing and go to market activities aligned to Carrot’s goals. The VP, Clinical Research & Outcomes will engage externally with benefits consultants, customers, Carrot’s clinical advisory board and various other industry stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Play a critical strategic role in leading the development and execution of Carrot’s clinical research and outcomes strategy globally, with a keen focus on delivering value to our members and customers.
- Design research studies, and associated data analytic plans to support program evaluation, outcomes analysis and clinical thought leadership, including: retrospective, prospective and qualitative projects; leverage existing data to generate new insights.
- Partner with marketing, sales, customer success and clinical leadership to disseminate outcomes and research via RFPs, client analyses and reporting, white papers, oral presentations, journal publications and abstracts.
- Develop external partnerships and collaborate with internal teams to plan, develop and execute externally validated research.
- Oversee the process of developing and maintaining Institutional Review Board protocols, including the end to end submission process.
- Lead team’s collaboration across Carrot to enable research & outcomes projects, to translate and apply insights to Carrot’s journeys and operational practices and to communicate findings to customers and prospects.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of publicly available data globally.
- Conduct systematic reviews and summaries of clinical and business literature, in partnership with Clinical Solutions.
- Oversee Clinical Outcomes for new and established programs, including data collection, data integrity, reporting requirements, change management and appropriate policies & procedures.
- Mentor and develop the team.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- 10+ years experience, with 5 years experience in healthcare program evaluation, outcomes or benefits research or relevant consulting experience
- Leadership role managing a program evaluation/research team for a high growth organization or relevant experience in healthcare strategy consulting
- Advanced degree in biostatistics, healthcare economics, epidemiology or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to lead thru influence in a highly matrixed environment
- Track record of developing or scaling a research/outcomes/program evaluation department
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets; experience with relevant statistical software
- Track record of publications, including white papers, validated commercial analyses, peer reviewed publications and the like.
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package.
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is a remote-first company with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune's Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.